Friday, February 10, 2017

My Sixth Anniversary!

I knew it was about time to check, and yes, yesterday was the 6th "anniversary" of my first post on this blog. Since I have previously discussed how writing this blog has changed me, I won't rehash all of that.

At this stage of my life, there isn't much "change," for which I am very thankful. Occasions come up like the Induction of our HS basketball team into an "Athletic Hall of Fame" and I want to write something for posterity.

I've been writing family stories for the next generation to be able to read---sometime. There will be sometime in the future that we think of another story worth keeping. I don't write about my husband's family generally, except to compare it to mine.

ALL blogs are pre-approved before publication if they involve another person (s). I don't write about my grandchildren unless their parents approve it.

At this 6th anniversary, it is winter and life is fairly stagnant. We are dealing with some health issues, which means doctors' appointments, but otherwise, not much new. However, I am always aware that something will happen that just BEGS an entry.

Grandchildren are always at the top of the list; it's Chorale Season and we are singing Brahms's Requiem in German. There are church activities, and we each have lunch with a group of friends once a month (separately). We also have dinner with the Homeowner's Association once a month (together). We have other friends that we see separately and we have friends that we see together. Jerry continues to volunteer at the hospital. I attempt to see my mother once a week. I continue my activity with the Medway Historical Society.

So we are in a "Life Goes On" period. This year is our 40th wedding anniversary and we are going out west to see Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone and Teton National Parks, and visit Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We are also going to Salt Lake City and hope to see some old friends there. This is with a tour so we aren't driving and parking and arguing about where to eat!

Some of my previous topics are ongoing: decluttering, weight and health issues, and I am not going to "report" all the time. Suffice to say, it continues. I will continue the Derges' Digest as our Christmas Letter.

Some of the topics have been requested, such as settling estates. Others are guest blogs, which I always consider!

So, life indeed goes on. If any reader has a subject they would like me to take a look at, I would consider that. I don't write about politics, and religion would be sparse, so those are not subjects that I would tackle for another person. But I will teach you how to set up a blog!

I'll just close by saying how thankful I am for my family and my friends, and the ability and time to be involved with these other activities. Life without big events is OK too.

P.S. There will be something coming with our trip later.

No comments:

Post a Comment